Sunday, February 01, 2009

It is like I forgot how to write...

I thought I was already past my quarter life crisis…jeez I am almost 29 years old. Alas, I seem to be in it more than ever. The things in my life are moving fast, slow only compared to the actual days of my life as they go by. I feel that the 30 years we work goes by in fast forward while the 20 years before work go slowly and the years after work slower still. I can’t get some things right. After years of practice I wake up and it’s like I’ve never done them or experienced them before. I try to do what I think is right, it ends up being further from right than even what is wrong. I am lost in many ways, and found in others. I know where I am, I have a good idea of who I am, but other than that what I know is about as reliable as betting on the Detroit Lions to win the superbowl. It is cold, dark and I am alone. I can’t find the light switch, let alone the thermostat. Each day differs from the one before, but once a day has been lived it all starts to blur together. Yeah, it’s February 1, 2009 and it feels like it should be Thanksgiving 08. I am being forced to live in the past at where I work, and the people who need me outside are living in the present, and that is making for an interesting future. I am not sure where the future will take me; I am just hoping to remember to board the train.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The future is always wide open with hope and promise and the unexpected.