Sunday, January 25, 2004

Big Fish pt. 2

I don’t know what it is about this movie, but I cannot get enough of it. I went and saw Big Fish tonight for the second time (I went with two people had already seen it before as well). I truly believe it is the “perfect” movie. I will put it into the same category as movies like Finding Forrester, The 25th Hour, The Truman Show and Pleasantville. It is a movie where you can laugh and cry and be heart warmed and saddened. I think it captures the essence of what film should be. It is not too serious, and it’s not too fanciful. Above all it is incredibly entertaining. It has the right story, the right director, the right actors and actresses, the right music and the right setting…It is just right. It is a bummer that when it comes to award shows Big Fish had to come out the same year as LOTR: Return of the King, Lost in Translation and Mystic River, otherwise I think it could take home all of the awards. However, I have been known to like movies that others are not so fond of, so maybe that is what is going on…

I am working on one of the more challenging assignments I think I have had in a long while. I am supposed to write a “career path” for my entire career. I am not sure what I want to be doing, and I am not sure where I want to be doing it. I guess it is good that I can sit down and think about my future and my goals for my future. But then again, sometimes that makes me feel older than I am.

On a last note I switched from BlogOut to Haloscan. Looks like BlogOut is no longer, too bad.

No comments: