Wednesday, April 30, 2003

So much to write, so little time to make my thoughts into coherent thoughts.


Regret
What is it about the past that can get us so worked up? I sometimes wonder if anyone has regrets or doubts about the past. I do not know if anyone looks back and says I should have done that, I should not have done this. I believe that I am not the only one, but that does not make it any easier. I am very happy where I am (for the most part). I do not really think that changing something that I did in high school or college would really have an impact on my life now. I can see that my regret is a big obstacle to my faith. I should not regret because the past is the way it is for a reason. The things that happened (or did not happen) did so for a reason, a reason that I may only come to understand years down the road. And in all honesty if I don't understand the reason, so be it, just knowing that God has a reason for these things should be enough for me. Much easier said than done.


Anyway...
I went and saw Holes last night with my g/f (Jenn) and her roommate. I did not read the book, but the movie was fantastic. It had a good moral to the story, the acting was great, it was funny yet serious, and it made me feel good after it was over. Definetely the kind of movie that I love to see. It is not just a kids movie. Not by any means.


It has been a year since I graduated college. Very scary to think about. But it also helps me to understand that college was not the be all and end all of life. It was just a chapter in what I hope is a very lively life.

No comments: