Tuesday, May 06, 2003

A little background on the following text: I graduated from college a little over a year ago. I stayed in the town I went to college in so I could "regain my focus" and so I could be around my girlfriend and my friends (all my good friends from the school were either still in school or working at the school). This past weekend many of these friends graduated from this college. Many of them are leaving, and I may be leaving too. After feeling a slight sense of dread for this change I wrote the following words.


I am saddened by the change. The realization that I can never go back; the dread and fear of loss, the fear of rejection, the fear of pain. And overall the intense pang of regret. I wish I could stop time - I wish I could slow time - I wish I could go back, just for a while. I know I need to move on. I know we all need to move on. We all cannot go together - I wish we could. But life cannot be the same - never changing, standing still - but sometimes I wish it would, If only for a moment.

No comments: