Friday, September 17, 2004

It is amazing...

Last night Jenn and I along with a couple friends went and saw Garden State last night. It is an excellent movie and I highly recommend it. It is one of those movies that encourages you to examine who you are. I think everyone needs to take time and do that every so often. I don't have life changing moments based upon movies, but movies can make me think, can inspire me, and can motivate me. Without giving away any of the movie, I liked that the movie emphasized the importance and brevity of this life. I also felt that this movie is one of the few I've ever seen that take a more realistic look at the generation in which I am a member. The main character is 26 years old and is going through some of the same emotions and feelings that those of us around that age are going through. Enough of the movie. Although, so far this year it ranks right up there with Napoleon Dynamite and Big Fish for best movies of the year.

Question

How is it that George W and his buddies want a democracy in Iraq, a democracy not influenced by religion, in Iraq and still want more religion and religious influence in our government? Does that sound a odd to anyone else? Seriously, we cannot tell a country which has a long history of Islam that they can no longer incorporate their religion into their government, when we are trying to more incorporate Christianity, which was not the "rock" our country was founded on, into our government?

Despite your beliefs on whether or not the US was founded as Christian nation is not the point here, the point is that we are pushing a country to do something that we ourselves are not willing to do. I don't like that.

Others

I am having problems with the pictures on the site once again. I apologize for the confusion and the utter lack of time I have to be doing this. :-)


No comments: