Monday, September 27, 2004

Still Kickin’

I am sure it has been very evident to any and all who happen to stop by here, but I have been quite busy with the new job and class that I have not been posting as regularly as I have in the past. I have had the urge to write so many times, but lack the time to write for any period of time. Well then…

“But I think what we have to keep shooting for and what is achievable is to give everybody the opportunity to vote in the upcoming election, to make the election fully credible, and something that will stand the test of the international community's examination." From Yahoo! News

You may think the above quote is an election official talking about making sure what happened in Florida in 2000 with thousands of people not being able to vote, will not happen again. Quite the contrary, the quote is from Secretary of State Colin Powell talking about the upcoming Iraqi elections. Thank goodness the right to vote for Iraqi’s will be secure. There will be many American men and women making sure all Iraqi’s who want to vote will be able to vote.

I hope the Iraq elections go well, but we cannot demand results in Iraq that we will not demand here in the United States. That is completely hypocritical. We must concern ourselves with securing our own electoral process. American citizens should not be shut out of voting this year.

I am not the type of person to say "America First”, but I do not think we should parade around our “democracy” when we do not have it in our own country.

Enough of that…

No comments: