Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Five Years
Five years is a long time. A lot can happen in five years. Whole lives can be lived in five years. Millions of lives can be changed in five years.

Five years ago I was a freshman in college. Five years ago I watched a tv in horror what unfolded only miles from my parents house and down the road from the high school I had graduated from. Five years ago my neighbors at college were from Littleton, and one a Columbine graduate. Five years ago my roommates girlfriend was a student at Columbine. Five years ago my mom, a social worker for the school district met my roommates girlfriend in the hospital after she was shot.

From the Rocky Mountain News

From the Denver Post

From Jeffersonair



Five years later life goes on for those who survived, but those lives have not gone unchanged. I pray for those who survived and for the families of those who did not.

These names will remain in our hearts forever:
Cassie Bernall, Steven Curnow, Corey DePooter, Kelly Fleming, Matthew Ketcher, Daniel Mauser, Daniel Rohrbough, Dave Sanders, Rachel Scott, Isiah Shoals, John Tomlin, Lauren Townsend, Kyle Velasquez.

No comments: