Monday, April 12, 2004

Rebirth

The weather here in NW Arkansas was fitting of Easter weekend. Friday and Saturday were somewhat dreary and dark and we awoke Sunday to a beautiful bright Easter morning. While it is cliché to talk to such rebirths at Easter or during spring I believe that on a personal level it is worth mentioning. On a white board that I have sitting in my office (which doubles as a storage room for white boards and chalk boards) I have a small box with three very important things written on it. The first is a quote from Socrates that says “the unexamined life is not worth living”. These are words I try to live by. Questioning things is in my nature and for this I am so happy. If I were to live without questioning I would not be the person that I am today. The second thing in the box is the word “grace” for I must remember that Grace is God’s gift to us and by Grace I am where I am today. Finally I have four letters written in that box. The four letters are R.T.R.C., which stand for “remember the risen Christ”. I have these words there to remind myself of all the suffering that Christ went through and that with all of the “crap” that happens in my life nothing compares to what Christ went through. The words also remind of what happens in the end. The end is not sad, but it is glorious. Although for me, that idea of Resurrection is the toughest thing to remember and to accept…

No comments: