Monday, October 20, 2003

I question things to maintain my sanity
So life has been a little crazy lately. I am really stressed out. I have a lot on my plate and I just don't feel I have time to relax. I know I have probably relaxed a little too much, but it seems like I've not relaxed much at all. What I do know is that I need to get my act together, kick it in to gear and start studying all hardcore like. I hope I am up for the test!

In one of my three classes we are discussing student development and theories about student development. During a presentation on the development of homosexual students, and the development of students in regards to their beliefs on homosexuality I came to a few questions. I don't know the answers, and I don't really have any ideas of what their answers are. For those who may happen to read this, if you have any insight let me know.

Questions:
1) Of sins which are the worst?
2) If homosexuality is to be considered a sin, where does it rank on the list? Is it worse or better than say gambling or drunkeness? Are these things sins?
3) If we cannot blame someone for being bi-polar how can we blame someone for being homosexual?
4) Is one "race/ethnicity" of people more open and tolerant than another? If that is true, which one?
5) Do we have to continue defining people by race, are we not all humans?
6) If Jesus died for all humans, how can someone say one human is worth more than another? Is God's grace too good for some people?

I don't expect answers to these questions anytime in the near future, but these are things I have thought about. I think my questions may seem childlike in nature, but if I don't know the answers I am not going to say that I do. By asking these questions all I am doing is asking questions. I am not making any points, or stating any of my beliefs, I am just curious.

No comments: