Monday, November 03, 2003

Quick Note
So a quick note or two as I "study" (aka mess around on the internet because I don't want to study):

First, Liz has a great entry from a few days ago. All I can say is WOW!

Second, for anyone who doubts my loyalty to my home state I say this, "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver should be the state anthem because it adequately describes the feeling one gets from being in the Colorado Mountains, and the song, unlike our current state anthem "Where the Columbine Grows", actually mentions the name of our state. Also, as all Coloradoans have probably seen at one time or another, even the worst singer can sing "Rocky Mountain High", that is more than we can say about "Where the Columbine Grows". We could do no greater honor to one of the greatest folk musicians of our time then to make this wonderful song the official musical representation of our state. Oh yeah, the Denver Broncos are the greatest football team of all time and I cannot stand the Detroit Red Wings. I think it is now clear where my allegiance lies.

Third, Michelle talks about snow. I never thought I'd say this, but knowing that it rarely snows in Arkansas makes me a bit homesick for the snow capped mountains of Colorado, specifically those of the San Juan range.

That is all.

No comments: