Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Unanswered Questions

As the night comes to a close I wonder how things would be different if I would have made different choices. Would I be where I am now? Did I really have input in the choices I made? I told a good friend tonight that I would not be where I was today without having known him. But where would I be if I had not met him? I really don’t want to know the answers to these questions, but that never stops me from wondering.

My head hurts…is it the caffeine I had earlier? Is it because of my allergies? Or is it all my imagination? Only late at night and full of mixed emotions can these words flow from my fingers. The music fills the air “he was born in the summer of his 27th year, coming home to a place he’d never been before…left yesterday behind him might say he’s born again, might say he found a key to every door…”

On nights like this I wonder what I can change in my life, I wonder what I should change in my life and I pray for change in my life. I do not want to claim to know the answers, but some of them are so obvious that I cannot deny them.

And on an unrelated note, or at least related in spirit, I saw the new Tim Burton movie Big Fish a couple days ago. I am bias, I am a huge Tim Burton fan, but this movie was one of the best acted, best written, best directed, best filmed, and best laid out movies I have ever seen. I laughed, I cried, I thought and I felt good after the movie. I would highly recommend it.

Finally, sleep beckons…

No comments: