Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Good Movie
This weekend in my crazy boredom I decided to rent a movie. While walking along the aisles I noticed a box with the title All I Want aka Try Seventeen. The stars of the movie included Elijah Wood and Mandy Moore. Being a fan of each (Elijah Wood as far back as The Good Son...ok...yes I am a Mandy Moore fan, deal with it ;P ). I had read something about this movie sometime back, but I thought it would have a wider screen release and we would have all heard about it on the TV. But anyway, the movie is very good. Wood plays a 17 year old college dropout living on his mother's family money. He lives in an apartment building with a unique cast of characters including Moore (a vain but likeable wannabe actress) and Franka Potente (a photographer with some history) among others. It could be considered a "coming of age" movie, but I think it has a little more on most of the recent movies fitting that description. It’s very funny, but in a subtle way, it discusses many issues pertinent to the current generation, and it adds a little bit of off the wall humor as well. Quite enjoyable and I would rank it as one of my favorite movies of 2003.

Argh...it is late and I had so much more I wanted to do tonight.

No comments: