Thursday, September 11, 2003

Thoughts

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices when truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance”. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

“ There are three things that will endure – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love”. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Through all the tragedies and events that have happened in my lifetime I have learned a few important things that I must not forget:
  • Keep the faith: Know that there are reasons why things happen.
  • Love: Love those people whom I don't understand or whose actions I do not understand. Treat all with the respect I would want to be treated with. Accept my own failures and the failures of others, but do not hold those failures against myself or others.
  • Prayer: Spend time alone and with God each day. Talk and pray about the things I don't understand and the things that I am having trouble with.
  • Friendship: Spend time with those I love.
  • Honesty: Be honest in all that I do and expect no less from others.

    There are other things, but in light of what today represents, these things are the things I must never forget.
  • No comments: