Tuesday, October 01, 2002

After spending 4.25 hours of an eight-hour day in meetings it is time to go…although I am not out of the woods yet. I really do not understand how human beings can last in meetings. I think that the limit on hours of meetings in a day should be 2 hours. Only upper management can last longer and I think this is some sort of punishment placed upon them by a higher power. I want to be 90 years old and be able to look back on my life and know that I did not spend most of my career in meetings…

Today I have two observations:

1) Management has the tendency to never identify the party at fault for an error, nor take responsibility for an error. There is this mysterious person “somebody” who is committing all these errors…
2) Micromanagement does not work. Does anyone remember the Presidency of Jimmy Carter??

No comments: