Sunday, October 27, 2002

This weekend has been great. I got to leave the small town in which I work and I did not have to deal with anything work related, after all they cannot reach me when I am out of town. Going back to a city really reminds me of why the office that I work at would never make it in the "real world". This is true for a couple of reasons. The first is that in a real office you are not able to come into work wearing a t-shirt and mountain biking shorts. Second, it is unacceptable to have a "drink" at the office. Third, it is really not ok to bring your dog into work. Finally, you cannot use office email to let everyone in the office know that they should come protest declaring war on Iraq. With this said I am by no means implying that an office in a city is better or more equiped than an office outside the city. What I am saying is that there are some messed up things going on that can only happen in the small town I am in. My co-workers could not get away with most of their actions at a more conservative office.
Here is a thought for today...at work a couple days ago a quote was included on a office wide email "a diamond is a piece of coal who has done its job". Is this really true?? Maybe the coal's job was to provide heat? Maybe its job was to decompose? We do not know, therefore we should not assume!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: