Saturday, October 19, 2002

I don't think that I have ever wanted to quit my job more than I ever have before this past week. The problem is I don't have another job lined up, nor do I have the money to last long is this really expensive town I live in. It would be nice to say "Well, see ya later" at work...one day. So yesterday was a fun day. First, the others who I work with all wanted to take yesterday off...so what did they do? They got the day off. It was looking like it was going to be a busy day so I was not too excited about having to do all this stuff, not really have the opportunity to take a break, and then stay late because there was no one around to take over. All these things did happen, and it started off even better that I slept through both of my alarms and was late for work. My supervisor assumed I was out partying the night before, which, if he takes the time to get to know me would know that is not me...I went bowling...not partying, but I see where the two can get easily confused. Just because he is a big partying and has been out of college for a few years, I should be a bigger partier because I just graduated...makes sense especially because I have all of this money to be throwing around buying things like alcohol when I barely have enough to pay for my groceries every week. Anyway...I felt bad for being late, but I got over that after I was handed a bunch of assignments that were not my responsibility, but that I was supposed to do. As is working life I guess.
With all this "ranting" I do understand that I am a better situation than many people. I have a job, I can afford to live, I am not sick, I live in the greatest country on the planet. These things are all great, but I just want to make sure that it is understood that the working man/woman in America is not always this "king" or "queen" that is sometimes portrayed. In all reality the ones who have it the best are the ones that we work for. In most instances these people do not care for us a people but in the most true sense of the word "Human resources".

No comments: